Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preservation/restoration ideas - need help and opinions!
UPDATES:

- added The Arrival BD with "correct" color grading (read: a 50/50 BD with corrected levels and DVD); it looks very nice, working on it right now, should be ready in the next few days - really, this time!Wink
- not added here, but I'm working on Waterworld (LD colors) as well; even this will be released this week
- The Arrival DVD upscale: now that I'm working on the previous version, I see that its colors are too warm; I could try to make the same with the DVD (mixing its colors with the BD ones, 50/50); anyone interested in this, or in the "plain and simple" DVD upscale?
- Waterworld "Alan Smithee" color grading: anyone (still) interested?

Fiber connection is on its way; when ready, I'll start to upload side projects like the last two ones.
Reply }
Thanks given by:
Timeline is almost ready - it's really nice indeed now - but with the actual connection it will take a life, plus few years, to upload; I scheduled that for the next few weeks, when fiber would hopefully be ready... stay tuned for more projects! Wink

EDIT: Timeline would take some time to be cleaned, even with an i7... found this problem was hard to remove than I imagined:

[Image: strikes.jpg]
Reply }
Thanks given by:
About Timeline: thanks to an help from doom9, I found a good solution to the problem, and fast too; so, right now I'm encoding it lossless using four parallel virtualdub instances! Eek

Should be ready tomorrow, then add few hours of lossy encoding, and I may be able to start to seed it in two days!
Reply }
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Random ideas for new projects spoRv 0 105 2017-01-16, 04:57 PM
Last Post: spoRv
  RESTORATION FOR DUMMIES spoRv 1 251 2016-11-24, 05:57 PM
Last Post: nafroe
  True Lies LPP print preservation funding little-endian 3 587 2016-08-03, 12:15 PM
Last Post: Evit
  Hong Kong's classics to get 4k restoration by Italian team Colek 2 799 2016-07-12, 12:56 PM
Last Post: Colek
  Star Wars 70mm preservation Valeyard 7 1,726 2015-08-13, 02:48 PM
Last Post: nafroe