Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What are you watching?
I saw Dunkirk in 15/70, and I can definitely say it was more on the blue side.
Thanks given by:
I saw Dunkirk in plain old 2K DCP and it was, as PDB pointed out, very green in places. It surprised me that it was 2.20:1 considering it had been formatted for scope (for the 35mm prints).

My impression of the DCP was that Nolan refuses to participate. Most likely he finishes the film photochemically and leaves it for someone else to create the DCP based off the timed prints.

The film itself? It was okay. I suppose you'd call it a 'small scale' Nolan film.
Thanks given by:
Interesting stuff. Thanks for the info guys. And the confirmation as to what I saw. Seems like there might be, in fact, 2 color timings.
For new members: Please do not ask where to get something. Participate in the forum, talk to people, make friends. Then someone will help you find what you want.
Thanks given by:
The Girls With All The Gifts: a fresh view onto the zombie world

Revolt: alien invasion in Africa; story is nice, CGI could be better, but I've seen worst even on big budget Hollywood productions, so...

Dead Season: started to watch, but can't finish it... too bad acting, filming etc. don't waste your time on this!
Fundamental collection thread site | Vimeo channel | My personal blog
Thanks given by:
In Theaters

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - I love The Fifth Element. It's certainly goofy, cornball, poorly written, etc but it has great actors in it's roles or at least good actors that are game for the antics. It's just a fun film. I was hoping Valerian would be a return to that type of film. It's not. It's pretty bad. Sadly it's boring, unengaging and worst of all poorly acted. All the actors seem to be bored and wooden or in the case of Cara Delevingne over there head. Say what you will about Milla Jovovich but at least she sold the Fifth Element. Clive Owen seems to be doing a bad Gary Oldman from Leon. Honestly, I struggled to stay awake. The positive is all the production design and SFX are on point. Too bad the characters aren't. 2/5

War for the Planet of the Apes- A series where the sequels are better then the original. It's hard to say if this is better or worse then the second but both are great. Serkis continues his great run as Caesar. Woody is great. The SFX are amazing. No real complaints. 3.5/5
For new members: Please do not ask where to get something. Participate in the forum, talk to people, make friends. Then someone will help you find what you want.
Thanks given by: