Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
French subtitles provider
Hey, guys.

I have acquired some second-hand "VOST" VHS in the past from sellers on Priceminister, and I'm currently in the process of acquiring one of The Silence of the Lambs because of the brand new Criterion remaster that has awakened my interest. The MGM DVD/Blu-ray have crappy French subtitles and even though I managed to obtain better ones out of a movie channel, they're still not the originals I saw on the 35mm print. Now, since the VHS is from Gaumont Columbia TriStar and from the early 90's, I'm quite confident the subs on it will be the real deal.

Does any French member here, Stamper, Waterslides and others, have any "VOST" VHS, original edition or recording out of TV, of any movie of interest?
Thanks given by:
I'd like those "VOST"s, too, they could be vital for my projects.
Thanks given by:
(2018-02-12, 10:28 PM)Beber Wrote: Hey, guys.

I have acquired some second-hand "VOST" VHS in the past from sellers on Priceminister, and I'm currently in the process of acquiring one of The Silence of the Lambs because of the brand new Criterion remaster that has awakened my interest. The MGM DVD/Blu-ray have crappy French subtitles and even though I managed to obtain better ones out of a movie channel, they're still not the originals I saw on the 35mm print. Now, since the VHS is from Gaumont Columbia TriStar and from the early 90's, I'm quite confident the subs on it will be the real deal.

Does any French member here, Stamper, Waterslides and others, have any "VOST" VHS, original edition or recording out of TV, of any movie of interest?

OK, I've just had confirmation that the VOST VHS is from 1992, so that should be it. Just bought it. I should have it in a few days.
Thanks given by:
Nope, I still have a Player though. I was planning on buying Where Eagles Dare in french with subs to get the original german parts subbed correctly as in the cinemas.
Thanks given by:
Dammit! The VOST VHS of The Silence of the Lambs has crappy remade subtitles totally different from any other, and yet it's from 1992. I never would have thought that, even back in the day, they did such things. I was so confident that it would retain the original work I saw on 35mm. I'll have to stick with the TV file I managed to collect, then, and rework them using it as basis.
Thanks given by: