Terminator 2 CDS mix

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Released Terminator 2 CDS mix
(2018-05-16, 06:41 PM)captainsolo Wrote: Thanks for clarifying that. I was a bit confused myself. I would agree that there should be an in depth comparison of each source first.

Is the 2015 BD the best extended audio? I'm not really all too familiar with all the various versions as the only ones I have are the LD boxes and the CDS ac3 DVD.
For the SE, I'd say the Skynet has better audio: it's 5.1-ES at a higher bitrate. The other editions are 5.1 at a lower bitrate.
Thanks given by:
If anyone wants to provide both versions of the CDS mix I'm sure I'd be able to fill in the filtered out portions of the HDDVD version using the DTS version.
Thanks given by:
So as a massive CDS fan I managed to miss this thread.
So are we going with the old adage that Disclord said the first DVD had it, and now people are saying there are HD versions with the mix?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, seems as if some early European HD-DVD and BD releases, just containing the Theatrical version on the disc, got the old mix.

I personally still prefer the Japanese DVDs DTS track.
"Never cut a deal with a dragon..."
- Old Shadowrun wisdom
Thanks given by:
What about the 2.0 Dolby Surround Mix on the 1997 DVD? Is it identical to the stereo track found on the original VHS, Laserdisc, and Dolby SR Optical release?
Thanks given by:
I think it's the same old stereo/DS mix as before.

IMHO the Blu-ray CDS sounds better, that maybe because I like the comfort of not hearing that 16 khz hum during all the film.
Thanks given by: dwalkerdon
Somehow I do not notice it as disturbing sound...
And the track sounds just the notch more Depp and powerful on my system, to be my favorite.
Well... I think it is really some personal opinion Favoriting one of the two streams... I am at least happy, that both exists, so people can choose their preferences.
"Never cut a deal with a dragon..."
- Old Shadowrun wisdom
Thanks given by:
does anyone have the original Dolby Surround 2.0 mix from the 1997 DVD synced to the 2015 Blu-Ray? I would love to hear the Pro Logic track in all it's glory!!!
Thanks given by:
Nope, I think someone promised me a rip, but I'm not sure I've got it yet.
Thanks given by: dwalkerdon

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Terminator (1984) Chace "Fake Stereo" LD Analog jerryshadoe 41 12,519 2016-02-04, 03:43 AM
Last Post: crissrudd4554