Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flash Gordon (1980)
I got the original UK DVD from BMG group which features a PCM 2.0 track. Happy to rip and upload if you want to compare.
Thanks given by: Wisp of Smoke
As a rough, rough experiment; I took the Zoid's LD and tried to apply the colors to the US BD and then adjust the shadows/levels if need be. The shots I picked are pretty random:

US BD/BD regraded to LD
[Image: UZGRQ04.jpg]
Remember, wherever you go there you are.

New members: Please do not PM or ask where to get something. Participate in the forum, talk to people, make friends. Then someone will help you find what you want.
Looks pretty good, i smell a project coming.

Film Addict    

Thanks given by:
(2018-08-09, 06:59 PM)DoomBot Wrote: Looks pretty good, i smell a project coming.

I think so but not immediately.

New members: Please do not PM or ask where to get something. Participate in the forum, talk to people, make friends. Then someone will help you find what you want.
Thanks given by:
looks amazing!
Thanks given by:
Home and work life have made progress on any project very slow at the moment but I thought FG would be a good place to start testing new color matching methods. Especially, since the newer methods are more auto and require less of my attention. So far it's pretty damn close to the LD I'd say about 90% there after manual tweaking. Here is a look at the CC'd US BD. Compare it to the existing dark, purple, magenta US BD.

[Image: WBFbU9t.jpg]

There are several dozen spots I ID'd where I will have to manually correct the shots, so no problem there. The one major problem is that a couple dozen shots ended up with bad colors or posterization. If there is a volunteer I might have to have someone watch the movie to help me spot them for correction.

After that since the LD audio is synced by others(and audio syncing takes me forever), it should be fairly easy to finish...

Thanks given by: Wisp of Smoke , captainsolo , dvdmike