Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Halloween (1978) Criterion Laserdisc Theatrical Mono Synced to 4K UHD Blu-ray
Here's a quick and dirty project: I've synced the Crtiterion Mono audio, courtesy of Sporv's release, to the new 4K Blu-ray. All it involved was adding some silence to the beginning, and voila! We now have the proper theatrical audio, which was mistakenly omitted from the new release, which includes a fold-down of the surround track instead of the original mono.

My file is a .wav and can easily be muxed with the 4K video. This played flawlessly via Plex on my TV and should play fine on pretty much everything.

Uploaded to MEGA, PM for links. Will only send to active members, as per usual around these parts.
Thanks given by: bronan , crissrudd4554
Cool beans, thanks for doing that Colson
Remember, wherever you go there you are.

New members: Please do not PM or ask where to get something. Participate in the forum, talk to people, make friends. Then someone will help you find what you want.
Thanks given by: Colson
Out of curiosity, what exactly is the main difference between the mono and remixed surround stereo version apart from the obvious?
Thanks given by:
I don't know all the changes, but I know there is new foley like lightning, wind, etc. as well as changes to pitch of certain lines (the speed kills one in particular)
Thanks given by:
There is at least one changed music cue, as well (one of the stingers).
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Coming to America (1988) LaserDisc PCM NeonBible 0 209 2018-07-19, 12:34 AM
Last Post: NeonBible
  The Matrix (1999) LaserDisc PCM zoidberg 8 1,805 2018-07-13, 02:18 PM
Last Post: dwalkerdon
  An American Werewolf In London - Laserdisc PCM Mono zoidberg 7 1,256 2017-11-28, 11:31 PM
Last Post: TomArrow
  Trainspotting: Criterion Collection Laserdisc Audio (PCM/AC3) zoidberg 2 1,029 2017-07-27, 01:05 AM
Last Post: Evit
  Halloween 4, 5, 6 ... various 2.0 AC3 Jetrell Fo 7 3,776 2015-03-26, 09:40 PM
Last Post: Jetrell Fo