Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bronan's Audio Projects
Ok, so there's no magic pill, only the hard work Big Grin I can except that! Thanks a lot for your reply.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-15, 06:30 PM)BusterD Wrote:
(2019-05-15, 05:06 PM)bronan Wrote: Well, it looks like Romancing the Stone is going to be a real battle to the end. No drift at all on this one, but almost every damn shot has a difference of 2 frames. When there's extra frames its easy enough to chop out, but missing ones really slow things down. I decided to just rough out 15 minute chunks then go back and polish the patching. There's some nasty jumps that are totally unnoticeable on the Blu since the audio quality is so bad, so it's going to be interesting to say the least.

Hmm, too bad.
Before you put any more work into it, I can try and find the widescreen version from 1993 for you, that one might be easier to sync.

I haven't forgot about this one btw. I just ordered the US widescreen LD 1358-85 (and also Jewel of the Nile) so we'll see how it sounds compared to the JP. I won't mind syncing that one worst case, but the audio quality on it leaves a bit to be desired so I'm hoping the US widescreen is correct.
Thanks given by:
sometimes I wish I'd stick to just watching movies ----- > https://imgur.com/buW1HvI
Thanks given by:
Crazy, why would they have shortened the shots?
Thanks given by:
Anyone here can confirm that first DVD release of Universal Soldier contains Original CDS mix???
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-15, 06:30 PM)BusterD Wrote:
(2019-05-15, 05:06 PM)bronan Wrote: Well, it looks like Romancing the Stone is going to be a real battle to the end. No drift at all on this one, but almost every damn shot has a difference of 2 frames. When there's extra frames its easy enough to chop out, but missing ones really slow things down. I decided to just rough out 15 minute chunks then go back and polish the patching. There's some nasty jumps that are totally unnoticeable on the Blu since the audio quality is so bad, so it's going to be interesting to say the least.

Hmm, too bad.
Before you put any more work into it, I can try and find the widescreen version from 1993 for you, that one might be easier to sync.

I received the US widescreen version of Romancing and it seems to have superior audio quality to the other versions. They highs aren't overbaked or muffled like the others, so I think we're good to go. Hopefully its just a little easier to sync Big Grin
Thanks given by:
Ah, great! Never was able to find the JP widescreen disc.
Thanks given by:
That mono is really Shining! Happy
Thanks given by: bronan

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music LaserDiscs needed for replacing BD audio DoomBot 369 143,133 2020-07-07, 07:41 PM
Last Post: alleycat
  Disney animated film LaserDisc audio collection DoomBot 20 14,078 2016-03-24, 02:22 AM
Last Post: FrankT