Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bronan's Audio Projects
Any details about that Gremlins 2 track? Is it the theatrical track? Better than avaliable Blu Ray tracks?
Thanks given by:
Sorry no, I actually haven't even listened to it yet. A lot of those probably sound similar to the 5.1 remixes but for me it's just more about preservation of the theatrical mix in the best quality possible. I will run spek on each one so we can see any differences as I work through them.
Thanks given by: TomArrow
I agree, preserving the theatrical mix comes with an intrinsic value. Do we know it is the theatrical mix or is it just speculation at this point?
Thanks given by:
They're both Dolby Stereo Surround mixes, and I've never heard of any changes to it other than the alternate Hulk Hogan scene for home video (this one has the theatrical one, not the VHS one)
Thanks given by:
I'm working on the sync for Planes, Trains and Automobiles now since Thanksgiving is coming up soon. I'm almost a quarter through it now, hopefully it will be done in time!

LD / BD
[Image: 3k8Y8T6.jpg]

[Image: VyLPIGR.jpg]
Thanks given by: NeonBible
(2018-11-16, 07:47 PM)bronan Wrote: I'm working on the sync for Planes, Trains and Automobiles now since Thanksgiving is coming up soon. I'm almost a quarter through it now, hopefully it will be done in time!

LD / BD
[Image: 3k8Y8T6.jpg]

[Image: VyLPIGR.jpg]

You sir are a saint. Always watch this for Thanksgiving.
New or non-posting members: Please do not post or PM me asking where to get something. Stick around and make some friends first.

Looking For:
Alien 1999 Master Japanese BSHI Broadcast 1080i mid 2000s
Blade Runner DC Pre-BD US HDTV Broadcast 1080i 2005 (blade.runner.1080i.dd5.1.oar)
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-16, 07:55 PM)PDB Wrote: You sir are a saint. Always watch this for Thanksgiving.

Same! Too bad the BD is sharpened and de-grained. I've been keeping an eye out for a better source but haven't seen anything Undecided

Edit: this should actually be done pretty soon, I was able to finish the first side this afternoon. Aside from some missing frames here and there it syncs up nicely.
Thanks given by:
I'm going to try and get the holiday stuff out of the way, so Home Alone is next. I'm syncing to the Ac3 stereo track included on the latest remastered release. It looks like some weird filtering going on between 2-4kHz  Huh

LD / BD

[Image: G7M4wbj.jpg]

[Image: RntJuKF.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-11, 06:33 AM)bronan Wrote: Thanks for the info guys!

Also, any anime fans here? Vampire Hunter D is one of the first I ever saw back in the 90s on the Sci-fi channel (Saturday Anime!). The Blu-ray release looks great, but the new dub just doesn't scratch that nostalgia itch for me. Thankfully, there is a Streamline LD with both English and Japanese dubs. The digital track on the disc is the Japanese, so I have to settle with a 24-bit/48khz analog capture. I've captured both (I'm going to use the Japanese to help sync the English), so don't fret if you prefer the Japanese! Yet another to throw on the sync pile..

I haven't watched dubbed anime for more than 20 years but I still say "ahh, that's ever so much better" to myself from time to time.

BTW, I seem to remember someone saying that the JP track on the Streamline LD is in mono. Pretty sure the JP LD is stereo, but it's analog only. Might capture it someday anyway, though.

Oh, and as I discovered in this thread: https://forum.fanres.com/forum-16.html , sometimes analog audio captures can drift out of sync due to differences in the internal clock of a capture card, apparently...
Thanks given by:
Oh wow, thanks for the heads up, I didn't realize that would be an issue. And yea, I'm not looking forward to syncing that one, I have a feeling its going to be a bear. I will check out the Japanese track, but I think you might be right.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music LaserDiscs needed for replacing BD audio DoomBot 369 143,388 2020-07-07, 07:41 PM
Last Post: alleycat
  Disney animated film LaserDisc audio collection DoomBot 20 14,086 2016-03-24, 02:22 AM
Last Post: FrankT