Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bronan's Audio Projects
Finished! And I found another lame added sound towards the end. When Buttercup jumps out of the window onto the horse they added some cloth foley that doesn't really match to well haha. Now the fun part of deciding what's next Smile
Thanks given by:
Hi Bronan, this work you're doing is really cool, I'd love to check it out if you're cool sharing the link with me. Thanks!
Thanks given by: bronan
I've been bouncing back and forth a bit between syncing Return of the Living Dead 2 and Vampire Hunter D. I've finished the first 30 minutes of D so far, and I gotta say its a huge improvement over the BD track. I wasn't a fan of the new dubbing, but they also did some extreme filtering and even removed spots where there was music previously (when Doris first runs into D in particular). I was looking at the DVD and even it is a 5.1 remix, so it will be awesome to finally have the original stereo track.
Thanks given by:
I finished D and then did a little more work on ROTLD2. The Summer Rental project in the other thread started getting some movement so I got that synced today. I will move back to ROTLD2 and hopefully get it finished in the next week or so. I've also picked up a few more LD titles recently that I capped like the original ROTLD, Starship Troopers, the Twin Peaks pilot, and Red Sonja. Looking at my list, this should be a fun year Smile
Thanks given by: spoRv , PDB , DoomBot , crampedmisfit1990
(2019-02-14, 02:15 AM)bronan Wrote: I finished D and then did a little more work on ROTLD2. The Summer Rental project in the other thread started getting some movement so I got that synced today. I will move back to ROTLD2 and hopefully get it finished in the next week or so. I've also picked up a few more LD titles recently that I capped like the original ROTLD, Starship Troopers, the Twin Peaks pilot, and Red Sonja. Looking at my list, this should be a fun year Smile

Interested in Twin Peaks! I love that series. I was wondering if anyone would eventually rip the LDs of the series for the original sound mixes in PCM.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-14, 04:40 AM)crampedmisfit1990 Wrote: Interested in Twin Peaks! I love that series. I was wondering if anyone would eventually rip the LDs of the series for the original sound mixes in PCM.

I've thought about it, but it will be a lot of work. And I've heard some of the timing is pretty different between old masters and new, so it will be interesting test starting with the pilot. The first season is feasible, its not that many episodes but oh boy season 2..
Thanks given by: LucasGodzilla , crampedmisfit1990
(2019-02-14, 05:17 AM)bronan Wrote:
(2019-02-14, 04:40 AM)crampedmisfit1990 Wrote: Interested in Twin Peaks! I love that series. I was wondering if anyone would eventually rip the LDs of the series for the original sound mixes in PCM.

I've thought about it, but it will be a lot of work. And I've heard some of the timing is pretty different between old masters and new, so it will be interesting test starting with the pilot. The first season is feasible, its not that many episodes but oh boy season 2..

Exactly. It would be wonderful to have them all but very time consuming and expensive.
Thanks given by:
I've been working on syncing up the PCM from the Predator 2 LD to the UHD. As you can probably imagine, it sounds way better. There's more much more high end to the track, but I also discovered some mistakes or possibly revisionism. The biggest example is the scene where the Predator is struck by lightning. The UHD mix is completely missing the initial thunder sound as well as the electric/energy sound for when the electricity ripples down him. The LD track is going to be pretty impressive I think, can't wait to watch it but there's still about 40 mins left to sync.

LD/UHD

[Image: fy2RZfL.png]
You just reminded me that I need the Predator 4K set. Now I have good reason to go ahead with a purchase. Haha
Thanks given by:
Doing this sort of study and work you discover so many mistakes in later editions that can merely be the pulling of wrong tapes or not getting all the tracks lined up etc or even such heavy handed noise reduction that removes original elements-and of course the classic bit of new engineers "fixing mistakes" as they see fit.
Damn Fool Idealistic Crusader
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music LaserDiscs needed for replacing BD audio DoomBot 369 143,134 2020-07-07, 07:41 PM
Last Post: alleycat
  Disney animated film LaserDisc audio collection DoomBot 20 14,079 2016-03-24, 02:22 AM
Last Post: FrankT