Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bronan's Audio Projects
i managed to get ahold of a 384 Kps AC3 track and it sounds about the same as the LD audio
still sounds flat as hell during gunfights tho not a very good mix
Thanks given by:
Yea, even on that LD I think there is room for improvement with a little EQ and gain. If you delivered a video project I think its normal to adjust things like color, black levels, etc so why not the same for audio? Although delivering a bit perfect version is great for preservation and if someone else wants to do their own thing with it. So anyway, suffice to say I might start doing some tweaks but delivering it as an alternate option. The only downside is needing double the storage space Big Grin
Thanks given by:
I checked out the Twin Peaks 2.0 stereo track and it's definitely a bit closer to the LD. It still has a decent amount of unnecessary noise reduction and is lossy, so I think the LD will be a nice upgrade for it. I ordered the Season 1 LD set the other day, so I'll be able to get the original ending music for the pilot from it. In the meantime I am planning on syncing Romancing the Stone and Gremlins 2, so be on the look out for those coming up.
Thanks given by: crampedmisfit1990
Cool. Glad you won't need the music from the BD set for the pilot ending since it is filtered like you said. Makes you paranoid about all BD audio after hearing that filtering sound is so rampant.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-13, 10:57 PM)crampedmisfit1990 Wrote: Makes you paranoid about all BD audio after hearing that filtering sound is so rampant.

Depressing but sadly true
Thanks given by:
Well, it looks like Romancing the Stone is going to be a real battle to the end. No drift at all on this one, but almost every damn shot has a difference of 2 frames. When there's extra frames its easy enough to chop out, but missing ones really slow things down. I decided to just rough out 15 minute chunks then go back and polish the patching. There's some nasty jumps that are totally unnoticeable on the Blu since the audio quality is so bad, so it's going to be interesting to say the least.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-14, 03:10 PM)zoidberg Wrote:
(2019-05-13, 10:57 PM)crampedmisfit1990 Wrote: Makes you paranoid about all BD audio after hearing that filtering sound is so rampant.

Depressing but sadly true

http://blah-ray.blogspot.com/?m=1
A bit too much
The worst has to be on her majestys secret service I remember the original 1998 DVD sounding a lot better
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-15, 05:06 PM)bronan Wrote: Well, it looks like Romancing the Stone is going to be a real battle to the end. No drift at all on this one, but almost every damn shot has a difference of 2 frames. When there's extra frames its easy enough to chop out, but missing ones really slow things down. I decided to just rough out 15 minute chunks then go back and polish the patching. There's some nasty jumps that are totally unnoticeable on the Blu since the audio quality is so bad, so it's going to be interesting to say the least.

Hmm, too bad.
Before you put any more work into it, I can try and find the widescreen version from 1993 for you, that one might be easier to sync.
Thanks given by: bronan
OK cool thanks man! I will move onto Gremlins 2 for now then. I think it can be done worst case, but it will definitely be a time suck Smile
Thanks given by:
The first 30 mins of Gremlins 2 is synced. Pretty bizarre, the first reel was a little too slow and needed constant corrections, then right after the 20 min mark it was smooth sailing. Who knows, but hopefully the rest is the same Big Grin
Thanks given by: crampedmisfit1990

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music LaserDiscs needed for replacing BD audio DoomBot 369 143,133 2020-07-07, 07:41 PM
Last Post: alleycat
  Disney animated film LaserDisc audio collection DoomBot 20 14,078 2016-03-24, 02:22 AM
Last Post: FrankT