Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bronan's Audio Projects
Made a little more progress on Gremlins 2, the first side is done now. Hopefully I can wrap it up this week but I'll be going out of town so it might be a little longer. I also received and capped the entire first season of Twin Peaks (as well as the CD soundtrack from crampedmisfit, thanks!) so I definitely have what I need to do the pilot now Big Grin
Thanks given by: PDB , crampedmisfit1990
I very much look forward to Gremlins 2 and Twin Peaks! Tongue
Thanks given by:
So here's a wacky thing. I got the Home Alone 2 LD in an order a while back and ripped it. The other week I was looking through the tracks I ripped in the last batch and both of my files for the two sides were the same - both side 2. So I figure hey I'm dumb, probably forgot to flip it or something. I re-ripped both sides and they're still both side 2! Apparently the two sides are glued together to make the disc. I guess I won the lottery when it comes to manufacturing defects. The seller was nice though and gave me a refund, so back to the drawing board on that one.
Thanks given by: TomArrow , crampedmisfit1990
Funny stuff.
Thanks given by:
Strange but it is known to happen (although it's never happened to me). It was poor gluing methods that caused laser rot
Thanks given by: bronan
I've started a new sync of the Predator LD to the UHD. I did a quick comparison with LD matched to the UHD sampling rate and gain. It loses a little on the high frequencies over sampling rate, but less noise reduction is always a winner  Ok

LD / UHD

[Image: pPp1OSo.jpg]

[Image: MqNXN4S.jpg]
Thanks given by: crampedmisfit1990 , marin888
The UHD doesn't have the original stereo mix? Are you comparing to the 4.0?
Thanks given by:
UHD Predator has 4.0 (source of Dolby SR) and a 5.1 mix (probably from the 70mm magnetic)
Thanks given by:
That's a downmix of the 5.1 track
Thanks given by:
Thanks. I think the 5.1 that has been doing the rounds for years is just a post year 2000 fix.

Is this one similar to the one on the old Blu? I will have to check. But the DVD 5.1 and old Blu 5.1 were total doctored crap.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music LaserDiscs needed for replacing BD audio DoomBot 369 143,391 2020-07-07, 07:41 PM
Last Post: alleycat
  Disney animated film LaserDisc audio collection DoomBot 20 14,086 2016-03-24, 02:22 AM
Last Post: FrankT