Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bronan's Audio Projects
I heard the 5.1 track on the UHD is identical to the BD, but I haven't verified it myself.
Thanks given by:
99% it is. Those lazy studios just recycle whatever doctored track was last the main official track.

I think they probably only include the 4.0 track because it was there initially and they are afraid to get sued if they omit it.
Thanks given by:
Made some good progress today on the Predator, the first 40 minutes is synced now. Thankfully much easier time than Batman Big Grin
Thanks given by: Stamper , The Aluminum Falcon
Well summer kinda sucked for me, but I'm finding a little more time recently to work on stuff. I burned myself out a little honestly, and Batman wasn't really doing it for me to get back into things. So apologizes to anyone waiting on Batman Returns, I'll get back to it eventually but sometimes you gotta go where your interest lies to keep productive. I finally got around to checking out my rip of the Bram Stoker's Dracula laserdisc, and was pleased to find out it wipes the floor with the 7.1 remix. Way more energy and high end to it, so I'm excited to see it paired up with the 4k UHD. Hoping to finish before the Shining UHD drops so we can rock both of these before Halloween Smile

LD / UHD

[Image: hsRbAnU.jpg]

[Image: r7w4w8e.jpg]
Thanks given by: crampedmisfit1990 , PDB , alexpeden2000
(2019-09-08, 05:31 AM)bronan Wrote: I finally got around to checking out my rip of the Bram Stoker's Dracula laserdisc, and was pleased to find out it wipes the floor with the 7.1 remix. Way more energy and high end to it, so I'm excited to see it paired up with the 4k UHD.

Great news! I wonder how the LD PCM compares to the 5.1 PCM from the first BD, which was released before the 7.1 remix. There's an entry in my audio-delay thread if you do want to compare them. PM me if you're planning a project. I might be able to help a bit.
Thanks given by: bronan
Cool, will check it out when I get a chance. I'm just planning on syncing up the LD audio for now so I can get on to the Shining when it releases in a few weeks. If you want to use it for anything else though please feel free!
Thanks given by:
Which PCM are you using for BS Dracula? The Criterion or the Columbia?
New or non-posting members: Please do not post or PM me asking where to get something. Stick around and make some friends first.

Looking For:
Alien 1999 Master Japanese BSHI Broadcast 1080i mid 2000s
Blade Runner DC Pre-BD US HDTV Broadcast 1080i 2005 (blade.runner.1080i.dd5.1.oar)
Thanks given by:
The Columbia, 51416
Thanks given by:
Cool thanks bronan. I was curious since LDDB says there are some difference with the Criterion:

https://www.lddb.com/laserdisc/04954/CC1...al-Edition

but I doubt it
New or non-posting members: Please do not post or PM me asking where to get something. Stick around and make some friends first.

Looking For:
Alien 1999 Master Japanese BSHI Broadcast 1080i mid 2000s
Blade Runner DC Pre-BD US HDTV Broadcast 1080i 2005 (blade.runner.1080i.dd5.1.oar)
Thanks given by:
Oh weird, missed that one. Its syncing up perfectly with the UHD, almost no drift to it, just a frame or two missing at reel changes and some shots. I haven't noticed any missing sound effects or anything, but I'm only about halfway through the sync.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Music LaserDiscs needed for replacing BD audio DoomBot 369 143,130 2020-07-07, 07:41 PM
Last Post: alleycat
  Disney animated film LaserDisc audio collection DoomBot 20 14,077 2016-03-24, 02:22 AM
Last Post: FrankT