Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposal Buffy the Vampire Slayer series remaster
Buffy The Vampire Slayer opening sequence - PAL DVD bicubic VS high quality upscale + denoise + grain plate:

https://www.sendspace.com/file/jq029c (will expire in 60 days)

http://www.framecompare.com/image-compar...n/DL7PWNNX

just a test, opinions are welcome.

To whom it may concern - it takes around 60x running time to enhance video; hence, a 45m episode will take 45x60=2700m, or 45h, or almost two days... so, the complete 144 episodes will take about 9 months (24/7) only to process video!!!
Thanks given by:
I think the enhancement does magic for both the text and the face, but the shadowy area in the middle since although the nasty blocking is less prominent, the grain plate is too heavy for my taste.
[Image: ivwz24G.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Nice start. Gigapixel?
Thanks given by:
Oh wow, that looks fantastic!
Thanks given by:
Hey, that's pretty good! What software did you use for it?
Thanks given by:
Nice improvment...but maybe too much noise reduction / wax skin?

Anyway, it's very sad to have no way to watch this great show in good condtions...
We've got crappy but accurate dvd's on one side, and horrible remasters on the others.
I've been wanting to watch this show again for years, but i just can't go with any of those choices..

I don't know if we have anyhope they will do a new remaster...(don't think so..)
but at least, like i read someone suggesting it, they could do new dvd's from a new master, so we could have it in the best quality SD can be, with originals effects,colors,brightness,framing....
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Request] FEMALE PRISONER SCORPION series The Griff 5 1,584 2018-03-25, 05:29 PM
Last Post: The Griff
  Greatest American Hero TV Series rickstaman05 2 1,417 2017-06-26, 12:02 AM
Last Post: vbangle
Question [proposal] The Lone Gunmen - TV series (2001) spoRv 6 3,703 2015-02-03, 08:10 AM
Last Post: guiser