Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer Rental (1985)
We shall see Wink

Anyone have access to this? http://www.sky.com/tv/movie/summer-rental-1985

Film Addict    

New members: Please do not send me a PM about how to acquire a file or project. Participate in forums, just asking for things and not participating will get you nowhere fast.

Thanks given by:
I received the audio file from Doombot to sync to and got everything ready to start syncing. The LD audio is analog only so I did a mono 24-bit/48kHz capture. At first glance it sounds a fair bit better than the HDTV audio with less filtering. Here's a look at it:

LD / HDTV

[Image: 0vrBwSt.jpg]
[Image: 1HZjDjv.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Some bad news, was going through the movie and stumbled upon a damn logo at the bottom right corner. It shows up 3 times throughout, and when it does it's on 255 frames. I checked the 1080p from another network and their logo comes up at the same time, just can't win! We need another source to either fix or replace.

[Image: summer-rental.jpg]

Film Addict    

New members: Please do not send me a PM about how to acquire a file or project. Participate in forums, just asking for things and not participating will get you nowhere fast.

Thanks given by:
Damn! I need to find my HD copy of the film. It didn't have a logo at all.
Thanks given by:
This could be a good source: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001D0...watch09-20

From my experience, Amazon's streams have IMO the best quality and compression all things considerd (and shouldn't have a logo unless Paramount ineptly handed them a master with fade outs for adverts).
Thanks given by:
OK I found the file. No logos but it does show compression issues like blocking in some scenes. File size is 3.46 GB. 1080p tho.
Thanks given by:
There is an 1080p iTunes WEB-DL which is 3.64gb but no AMZN one as yet, maksnew might be able to help with that one. I have the means to get the S*y version but there would be little point due to the low bit rate compression their movie channels now have. They squeeze 4 HD movie channels on one mux to save space and money, it used to be only 2 and the bit rates were alot better back then.
Thanks given by:
@SpaceBlackKnight i agree Amazon really seems to give us quality stuff of course we don't know what there's is like yet since i haven't seen a file floating around or any pics.

@crampedmisfit1990 i can replace these sections with yours and try to match it up

@X5gb that might be a good source too, would need to compare these and see which is better.

Film Addict    

Thanks given by:
LD audio has been synced, uploading now  Ok
Thanks given by: crampedmisfit1990 , DoomBot

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Return of the Living Dead (1985) Shout Factory BD with edited credits crampedmisfit1990 185 10,893 2019-08-16, 12:52 AM
Last Post: crampedmisfit1990
  [Idea] Godzilla 1985 (US version) Bigrob 1 320 2019-01-22, 11:11 PM
Last Post: LucasGodzilla