Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Summer Rental (1985)
Does anyone know what the best copy available for this is? I have a 1080i one that's not too bad, but I saw a torrent (without seeders) for a 8.5gb 1080p HDTV rip. Hoping someone here has it by chance. Anyway, I picked up the LD a while back and I'd like to restore the original mono audio with the best copy possible. Thanks!
Thanks given by:
I had an HD file from years ago but I forget the details. I will try to find it tomorrow and get back to you.
Thanks given by: bronan
My wife and I were just talking about Summer Rental earlier today, and I was shocked to find out it's never been released on Blu ray.
Thanks given by:
That's funny, i was trying to grab an hdtv cap of this just days ago.

Film Addict    

New members: Please do not send me a PM about how to acquire a file or project. Participate in the forum, just asking for things and not participating will get you nowhere fast.

Thanks given by:
(2019-02-10, 10:48 PM)DoomBot Wrote: That's funny, i was trying to grab an hdtv cap of this just days ago.

I guess we're all thinking warm Smile I'm trying to grab that 1080p capture, a seeder showed up but its still stalled out at 92%. I'll chime back in if I have any luck with it.
Thanks given by:
Yes! bring on the warm weather already! I might try for the 1080i and convert it to 1080p

Film Addict    

New members: Please do not send me a PM about how to acquire a file or project. Participate in the forum, just asking for things and not participating will get you nowhere fast.

Thanks given by:
The 1080i one isn't all that bad, but I checked out the first minute of the 1080p one and it did look a little better plus it was at 23.976 framerate instead of 29.97. But yea worst case its not a bad option.
Thanks given by:
I wonder if the 1080p was encoded from this 1080i file. Since the 1080i is mpeg2 and the other avc.

Film Addict    

Thanks given by:
Yea its definitely possible! I think I have enough of the 1080p that I can do a couple comparisons
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-11, 12:39 AM)bronan Wrote: Yea its definitely possible! I think I have enough of the 1080p that I can do a couple comparisons

We must be on the same torrent. My client says the last complete copy was seen by the tracker in November of 2018, so we may be waiting awhile to complete.  Cry
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Return of the Living Dead (1985) Shout Factory BD with edited credits crampedmisfit1990 138 4,461 2019-04-19, 07:53 AM
Last Post: Evit
  [Idea] Godzilla 1985 (US version) Bigrob 1 159 2019-01-22, 11:11 PM
Last Post: LucasGodzilla