Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Fog (1980) LD PCM & DTS-HD MA 2.0
Movie: The Fog (1980)
Synced To: StudioCanal 4K Remaster UHD/BD

LD PCM SOUNDTRACK:
Format: LD ID2846SU
Input Soundtrack: 16-bit, 44.1khz, Mono (bit perfect)
Output Soundtrack: 16-bit, 44.1khz, Mono
Ripped/Synced by: PDB/bronan

DTS-HD MA 2.0 SOUNDTRACK:
Format: BD Shout CE
Input Soundtrack: 16-bit, 48kHz, Mono (DTS-HD MA 2.0)
Output Soundtrack: 16-bit, 48kHz, Mono (FLAC)
Ripped/Synced by: bronan

Well of course something had to go wrong on the new StudioCanal release of the Fog. The picture looks great, but there are multiple problems with the audio. First is it's a downmix, not a dual mono 2.0 track as you'd expect. On top of that the pitch also seems to be wrong, along with a hefty dose of noise reduction. Phew.. Anyway, I've resynced Shouts real Mono track to the 4K remaster for the ultimate edition Smile

UPDATE: PDB supplied a rip of the Laserdisc so I've synced that also!

NOTE: Requires framerate change from 24 FPS to 24000/1001 FPS when remuxing! Please see this note for more details.

LD / Shout / StudioCanal

[Image: EhWJ53H.jpg]

[Image: 9dbyXFK.jpg]

[Image: BwGInIm.jpg]
Thanks given by: crampedmisfit1990 , Evit , PDB
Awesome! Funny thing is I literally got They Live, The Fog and Escape from New York UK 4K discs less than 2 weeks ago. Haha

That's a shame about the audio tho… I thought they did right with PCM original audio tracks. But of course it had to be screwed up. Sad. Now this makes me wanna know about the other 4K's PCM tracks on They Live and Escape.
Thanks given by:
Ah yeah, I absolutely love John Carpenter's The Fog! It is a shame that the best-looking release of the movie though still has its fair share of problems. The audio is one thing, but even though the new 4K scans look nice, it seems to nix much of the Cundey blues. With that said, I've been thinking of actually making a small project to fix that and I hope you won't mind me using this sync-up for that?
[Image: ivwz24G.jpg]
Thanks given by: crampedmisfit1990
Sounds awesome! Yes, please feel free to use it.
Thanks given by:
I haven't seen this yet. It's there a big difference in the 4k version?
Thanks given by:
Yea, the new scan is a pretty drastic improvement even at 1080p. Check out the caps: https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&a=0&...33&i=5&l=0
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-05, 03:06 AM)LucasGodzilla Wrote: Ah yeah, I absolutely love John Carpenter's The Fog! It is a shame that the best-looking release of the movie though still has its fair share of problems. The audio is one thing, but even though the new 4K scans look nice, it seems to nix much of the Cundey blues. With that said, I've been thinking of actually making a small project to fix that and I hope you won't mind me using this sync-up for that?

You totally should fix The Fog up! They Live has macroblocking but damn it looks good compared to the other blu-rays and such. Real shame. I would love to see They Live fixed up a bit too.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-05, 04:56 AM)crampedmisfit1990 Wrote: They Live has macroblocking but damn it looks good compared to the other blu-rays and such. Real shame. I would love to see They Live fixed up a bit too.

[Image: ivwz24G.jpg]
Thanks given by: crampedmisfit1990
Thanks bronan, love this movie! Did you have make many cuts/edits within the movie?

Film Addict    

New members: Please do not send me a PM about how to acquire a file or project. Participate in forums, just asking for things and not participating will get you nowhere fast.

Thanks given by:
Sweeeeet. No it wasn't really that bad, just a few missing frames here and there for the most part
Thanks given by: