Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ring Original DVD/DVHS Colors (Quick Project)
[Image: NToT2BX.jpg]

The Ring Original DVD/DVHS Colors (Quick Project v1.0)

Project Info

The original HD master of the US remake of The Ring (2002) has a different color timing than the later BD. The original timing was a cool green-blue mix whereas the BD has a firmly dark, green-yellow look. Here are some examples between the BD and DVD:

https://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?go=1&a=0&...27&i=1&l=0

Luckily the older, and I think superior color timing has appeared in HD on the old DTheather DVHS system and has since been ripped. This project will take that HD MPEG-2 footage and IVTC to back to 23.976 and run a light clean-up of compression artifacts.

Adding to that will be the Cinema DTS as originally heard in theaters.

Video:
Mpeg-2 footage deblocked and convert back to standard 23.976 with compression clean-up

Audio:
1. DTS-HD MA 5.1 (from the Cinema DTS Discs with Dtheather bumper added)
2. DTS 5.1 (from the DVHS Tape cap)

Sync
Synced to the Dtheather tape with a ~ +33000ms to the DVD

Subs:
1. English (from the DVD)

Pics
[Image: pVDWHfk.jpg]

Collaborators and Thanks (In order of help):
Doombot
New members: Please do not post or PM asking where to get something. Projects are for long term, participating members only. Stick around and make some friends
Thanks given by: TomArrow , jonno , Colek
Been a while on this one. A quick update. I'm rendering it this week and just started work on syncing the DTS discs.

Small note. I dropped the Dtheather logo on my Fight Club OAR project so that it, the OM project and the BD are all in sync. Since sync to another master is not as important in this project, I'm keeping the Dtheater bumper but splicing in the logo sound into the Cinema DTS track. So there is no silence in that section.
New members: Please do not post or PM asking where to get something. Projects are for long term, participating members only. Stick around and make some friends
Thanks given by:
Uploading now. Participating members (aka no newbies) can PM me if they want a copy. Please allow me a day or two to get back to you. I'll keep it posted for a week or two.
----------------------------------
Releases for 2019

1. Top Gun Open Matte (Quick Project v3.0)
2. Alien 1999 HDTV Master (Quick Project v1.0)
3. The Fellowship of the Ring Variable Aspect Ratio (Original TC Colors v1.0A)
4. The Fellowship of the Ring Variable Aspect Ratio (Color Corrected v1.0B)
5. Dawn of the Dead Regrade (35 Project #3 v1.13)
6. Conan The Barbarian Theatrical Cut (Quick Project v1.0)
7. The Hitcher Regrade and Video Fix (v1.1)
8. Big Trouble in Little China Video Fix (Quick Project v2.0)
9. Quantum Of Solace Open Matte (v1.0)
10. The Ring Original DVD/DVHS Colors (Quick Project v1.0)
11. Die Hard 2 UHD Downconvert (Quick Project v1.0) (Coming Soon)

Releases for 2018

1. Predator (Itunes Master v1.2)
2. Flash Gordon Regrade (Widescreen Laserdisc v1.0 and V1.1)
3. Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome (Regrade to DVD-LD v1.4)
4. Die Hard With A Vengeance 35mm Regrade (35 Project #2 v1.2)
5. Tombstone Director's Cut HD + SD Upscaled (Quick Project v1.0)
Thanks given by:
Last call for this.
Thanks given by:
Question: Is the Cinema DTS any different then the DTS from DTH or the DTS-HDMA from the BD?
Thanks given by:
Its not a radical difference but the same kind of details I see for a lot ofl cinema DTS releases.

The BD has a little more detail in the mix. Things feel a bit more “clear”, like in the dialogue. Maybe because of mixing or being a lossless release. Not sure.

The cinema DTS has more bass. Not only in the LFE but more for all channels. You can feel the large far field presence in the mix. Music and effects punch harder.

But you would never notice these differences unless you ran them side by side. They are close.

The c DTS is great but I considered that the gravy on this project. The color difference are they bigger deal to me.
Thanks given by:
OK the Ring has returned to the deep, dark well from whence it came. Thanks for the downloads. Hope everyone enjoyed it.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Information The Sword In The Stone Open Matte Original Theatrical Mono 1963 Multiaudio Multisubs. jerryshadoe 76 43,249 2020-02-23, 11:39 PM
Last Post: Chewtobacca
  [Released] A Blade In The Dark (1983) [Project: Celluloid] LucasGodzilla 0 489 2020-02-08, 08:05 AM
Last Post: LucasGodzilla
  44rh1n’s “The Fellowship of the Ring” Extended Edition Color Restoration 44rh1n 23 8,794 2020-02-04, 04:49 AM
Last Post: marktornits
  The Dark Knight Scope/2.35 Version (Quick Project v1.0) PDB 41 3,809 2020-02-03, 09:25 PM
Last Post: Stamper
  The Fellowship of the Ring Variable Aspect Ratio aka “Open Matte" (Two Versions) PDB 42 6,880 2020-01-14, 06:54 PM
Last Post: maksnew
  [Released] HALLOWEEN: Evil Waits (2013 regrade with new prologue and original mono audio) pipefan413 5 656 2019-10-31, 04:36 PM
Last Post: pipefan413
  Big Trouble in Little China Video Fix (Quick Project) PDB 23 1,970 2019-10-19, 10:21 PM
Last Post: Stamper
  The Last of the Mohicans - Original Theatrical Cut - BD-50 - Shadoe jerryshadoe 36 15,514 2019-10-16, 02:23 AM
Last Post: DoomBot
  Conan The Barbarian Theatrical Cut (Quick Project) PDB 26 3,059 2019-10-06, 08:06 PM
Last Post: PDB
  Tombstone Director's Cut HD + SD Upscaled (Quick Project) PDB 22 7,048 2019-09-20, 08:32 AM
Last Post: Colek