Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jurassic Park III (2001) - Cinema DTS-ES to UHD
The UHD synced Cinema DTS-ES 6.1 audio for Jurassic Park III is now available. Contributing members drop me a PM.

The surround channels have been attenuated to -3Db and the LFE channel boosted +4Db. I've elected not to use the recommended +6dB LFE boost for reasons explained in this thread.

The file is a DTS-HD MA file encoded as DTS-ES 6.1 (Matrixed). If muxing into an MKV you should apply a -21ms offset to compensate for the additional silence added by the encoder. I haven't baked this adjustment into the track as some authoring programs adjust for it automatically.
If anybody has any of these Cinema DTS tracks please let me know as I'd be happy to sync them to their respective BD/UHD releases.
Thanks given by: stwd4nder2 , spoRv , dvdmike , borisanddoris
Is DTS-ES supported in DTS-HD MA? With lossy DTS-ES my receiver will specifically say it's DTS-ES. With this track it just says DTS-HDMA 5.1.
Not sure if it will even matter since I have Neural-X on anyways, but curious if anyone has any more insight on this.
Thanks given by:
6.1 matrix could be encoded in DTS 96/24 DTS-ES DTS-HD HRA DTS-HD MA
6.1 discrete could be encoded in DTS-ES DTS-HD HRA DTS-HD MA
Sadly my projects are lost due to an HDD crash... Sad
Fundamental Collection | Vimeo channel | My blog
Thanks given by:
(2021-10-08, 06:32 PM)spoRv Wrote: 6.1 matrix could be encoded in DTS 96/24 DTS-ES DTS-HD HRA DTS-HD MA
6.1 discrete could be encoded in DTS-ES DTS-HD HRA DTS-HD MA

Are there any BDs with 6.1 matrixed DTS-HD? I'm curious if my receiver will act any differently with an official encode.
Thanks given by:
(2021-10-08, 06:37 PM)stwd4nder2 Wrote: Are there any BDs with 6.1 matrixed DTS-HD? I'm curious if my receiver will act any differently with an official encode.

According to blu-ray.com there are 242 titles:
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/search.ph...ion=search
Sadly my projects are lost due to an HDD crash... Sad
Fundamental Collection | Vimeo channel | My blog
Thanks given by:
The DTS-HD MA encoder suite has the option to encode matrixed 6.1 and that's the setting that I used. If you check with MediaInfo you'll see that the track is correctly identified as "DTS ES XLL" with 7 channels.
If anybody has any of these Cinema DTS tracks please let me know as I'd be happy to sync them to their respective BD/UHD releases.
Thanks given by:
I guess it's just a weird quirk with my receiver. 
[Image: jhotj0.gif]
Thanks given by:
(2021-10-08, 06:37 PM)stwd4nder2 Wrote: Are there any BDs with 6.1 matrixed DTS-HD? I'm curious if my receiver will act any differently with an official encode.

The recent Unbreakable UHD and remastered BD both carry an DTS-HD MA 5.1-ES audio. 

Footloose BD also carries a  DTS-HD MA 5.1-ES audio.
Thanks given by:
Following further discussion in the thread I linked to in the original post, it's been confirmed that the correct LFE level adjustment for post-1999 movies is in fact +6dB.

So v2 of this synced track is now available with the LFE channel set at the correct theatrical level. The previous version matched the DVD level.
Thanks given by:
I liked how the v1 LFE sounded, so I was worried that added +6db would be too much. But after comparing the two,I don't think that's exactly the case, and it's hard to say which one I like "better". TBH you could tell me either one was theatrically correct and I'd believe you.
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Released] Twelve Monkeys (1995) Cinema DTS to Arrow BD Turisu 6 100 56 minutes ago
Last Post: BDgeek
  [Released] War Of The Worlds (2005) Cinema DTS to UHD [Patched] Turisu 1 76 10 hours ago
Last Post: dvdmike
  [Released] The Mummy Returns (2001) Cinema DTS Synced to UHD stwd4nder2 1 51 2021-11-26, 04:30 AM
Last Post: borisanddoris
  [Released] South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (1999) Cinema DTS to BD Turisu 0 46 2021-11-25, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Turisu
  [Released] Iron Man (2008) Cinema DTS to UHD Turisu 7 130 2021-11-23, 04:17 PM
  [Released] V For Vendetta (2005) Cinema DTS to UHD Turisu 1 63 2021-11-22, 04:38 PM
  [Released] The Mummy (1999) Cinema DTS Synced to UHD stwd4nder2 0 74 2021-11-20, 10:56 PM
Last Post: stwd4nder2
  [Released] Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets (2002) Cinema DTS-ES to UHD Turisu 8 215 2021-11-20, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Lio
  [Released] Watchmen (2009) Cinema DTS to UK BD Turisu 0 46 2021-11-19, 07:21 PM
  [Released] The Tree Of Life (2011) Cinema DTS-ES to 20th Century Fox BD Turisu 2 68 2021-11-18, 08:53 PM