Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
LOTR: The Fellowship Of The Ring (2001) - Cinema DTS-ES to BD/UHD
The BD/UHD synced Cinema DTS-ES 6.1 audio for LOTR: FOTR (Theatrical Version) is now available. Contributing members drop me a PM.

This is my own rip and sync. The surround channels have been attenuated to -3Db and the LFE channel boosted +6Db which should be the correct theatrical levels.

The file is a DTS-HD MA which preserves the original DTS-ES 6.1 (Matrixed) configuration. If muxing into an MKV you should apply a -21ms offset to compensate for the additional silence added by the encoder. I haven't baked this adjustment into the track as some authoring programs adjust for it automatically.
If anybody has any of these Cinema DTS tracks please let me know as I'd be happy to sync them to their respective BD/UHD releases.
Just curious: How do these tracks sound compare to the DTS-MA tracks found on the theatrical cut blurays? Are they similar? Same mix, panning, dynamic range, etc..?
Thanks given by:
Comparing the waveforms; both mixes seem similar across the front channels with the CDTS being more dynamic. Surrounds are actually lower in the CDTS but LFE is much louder for FOTR. Not only does it seem they toned it down for the BD but it's not so aggressive in the CDTS for the other two movies as well.
If anybody has any of these Cinema DTS tracks please let me know as I'd be happy to sync them to their respective BD/UHD releases.
Thanks given by:
Hey Turisu,
I would love to get my hands on your audio tracks from the original cinema tracks of all LOTR movies.
How can I get these downloads? Sorry for asking that dumb question, but I could not find it out.
Thanks for your answer and your work! Smile
Thanks given by:
(2021-11-17, 10:43 AM)Brthld Wrote: Hey Turisu,
I would love to get my hands on your audio tracks from the original cinema tracks of all LOTR movies.
How can I get these downloads? Sorry for asking that dumb question, but I could not find it out.
Thanks for your answer and your work! Smile

You must PM Him
Thanks given by:
(2021-11-17, 11:27 PM)Endocryne Wrote: You must PM Him
I did. Good that I did it the right way. He just would have to answer now. Big Grin
Thanks! Smile
Thanks given by:
Look, I don't want to be a jerk about this but it's fairly standard practice around here to only share projects with participating members. You only have 3 posts and 2 of those are regarding a link to something that you want. It's a good community here and if you're genuinely interested in restoration and preservation you'll learn and gain a lot by getting involved (I have!). So my advice would be to go and make a post in the presentation forum and then a few more in other threads that interest you before asking anybody for links to anything.
Thanks given by:
(2021-11-18, 11:35 AM)Turisu Wrote: Look, I don't want to be a jerk about this but it's fairly standard practice around here to only share projects with participating members. You only have 3 posts and 2 of those are regarding a link to something that you want. It's a good community here and if you're genuinely interested in restoration and preservation you'll learn and gain a lot by getting involved (I have!). So my advice would be to go and make a post in the presentation forum and then a few more in other threads that interest you before asking anybody for links to anything.

Understood, I don't want to step on the practice here or offend anyone.
I just am not active (yet) in preservation or restoration efforts - aside from private projects of old film recordings or VHS tapes.
So I am going to learn and post more in other areas. But I probably will never get to a level of you or others here - which I have massive respect towards. Smile
Thanks given by:
(2021-11-18, 12:12 PM)Brthld Wrote: [quote="Turisu" pid='76990' dateline='1637228109']
Understood, I don't want to step on the practice here or offend anyone.
I just am not active (yet) in preservation or restoration efforts - aside from private projects of old film recordings or VHS tapes.
So I am going to learn and post more in other areas. But I probably will never get to a level of you or others here - which I have massive respect towards. Smile

Capturing old film & VHS tapes would be of great interest to plenty of people on here I’d imagine - I’d start by sharing some of your knowledge and experience in the presentation forum or one of the threads on these topics.
Thanks given by: Brthld

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Released] Twelve Monkeys (1995) Cinema DTS to Arrow BD Turisu 6 100 1 hour ago
Last Post: BDgeek
  [Released] War Of The Worlds (2005) Cinema DTS to UHD [Patched] Turisu 1 76 11 hours ago
Last Post: dvdmike
  [Released] The Mummy Returns (2001) Cinema DTS Synced to UHD stwd4nder2 1 51 2021-11-26, 04:30 AM
Last Post: borisanddoris
  [Released] South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (1999) Cinema DTS to BD Turisu 0 46 2021-11-25, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Turisu
  [Released] Iron Man (2008) Cinema DTS to UHD Turisu 7 130 2021-11-23, 04:17 PM
  [Released] V For Vendetta (2005) Cinema DTS to UHD Turisu 1 63 2021-11-22, 04:38 PM
  [Released] The Mummy (1999) Cinema DTS Synced to UHD stwd4nder2 0 74 2021-11-20, 10:56 PM
Last Post: stwd4nder2
  [Released] Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets (2002) Cinema DTS-ES to UHD Turisu 8 215 2021-11-20, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Lio
  [Released] Watchmen (2009) Cinema DTS to UK BD Turisu 0 46 2021-11-19, 07:21 PM
  [Released] The Tree Of Life (2011) Cinema DTS-ES to 20th Century Fox BD Turisu 2 69 2021-11-18, 08:53 PM