Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Released] Interstellar (2014) Datasat to UHD
[Image: interstellar5_480x.progressive.jpg?v=1585846879]

The UHD synced Datasat 5.1 audio for Interstellar (2014) is now available. Participating members drop me a PM.

This is my own rip and sync. The raw files were converted using the foobar2000 APT-X100 plugin. The surround channels have been attenuated by -3Db and the LFE channel boosted +6Db which should be the correct theatrical level.

The track is a DTS-HD MA file. If muxing into an MKV you should apply a -21ms offset to compensate for the additional silence added by the encoder. I haven't baked this adjustment into the track as some authoring programs adjust for it automatically.

The Nolan UHDs are pretty good for containing the original theatrical audio tracks but Interstellar is slightly different. For some reason the surround channels on the UHD 5.1 have compressed dynamic range compared to the Datasat track. All other channels are the same.
If anybody has any of these Cinema DTS tracks please let me know as I'd be happy to sync them to their respective BD/UHD releases.
Thanks given by: PDB , Hitcher , stwd4nder2 , borisanddoris , interaser , SHM
Awesome, thanks Turisu.
Thanks given by:
Just realised that this technically shouid be labelled as "Datasat" rather than "Cinema DTS". Amended.
If anybody has any of these Cinema DTS tracks please let me know as I'd be happy to sync them to their respective BD/UHD releases.
Thanks given by: SHM
Amazing Turisu!
Where can i find more info about Datasat format?
Thanks given by:
(2021-11-24, 06:55 PM)SHM Wrote: Amazing Turisu!

Straight on their website, I reckon: https://www.datasatdigital.com/commercia...tal-sound/
Thanks given by: SHM
(2021-11-24, 07:08 PM)Kynch Wrote:
(2021-11-24, 06:55 PM)SHM Wrote: Amazing Turisu!

Straight on their website, I reckon: https://www.datasatdigital.com/commercia...tal-sound/

Thank you! I will take a look.
Thanks given by:
Is there any difference in the process of ripping a Datasat disc compared to a CDTS disc?
Thanks given by:
(2021-11-24, 08:14 PM)stwd4nder2 Wrote: Is there any difference in the process of ripping a Datasat disc compared to a CDTS disc?

They're exactly the same discs, tracks and technology. Datasat just bought DTS so only the name changed.
Thanks given by: