Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Released] Twelve Monkeys (1995) Cinema DTS to Arrow BD
[Image: ab61348caec61e12557558adad7ed6b9_ff9c21d...1621268048]

The Arrow BD synced Cinema DTS 5.1 audio for Twelve Monkeys (1995) is now available. Participating members drop me a PM.

This is my own rip and sync. The raw files were converted using the foobar2000 APT-X100 plugin. The surround channels have been attenuated by -3Db and the LFE channel boosted +3Db which should be the correct theatrical level.

The track is a DTS-HD MA file. If muxing into an MKV you should apply a -21ms offset to compensate for the additional silence added by the encoder. I haven't baked this adjustment into the track as some authoring programs adjust for it automatically.
If anybody has any of these Cinema DTS tracks please let me know as I'd be happy to sync them to their respective BD/UHD releases.
Thanks given by: PDB , Hitcher
Are there many differences? Arrow normally have the original mixes I thought
Thanks given by:
So far I've compared waveforms from 3 Arrow releases to their theatrical DTS tracks (Twelve Monkeys, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, Pitch Black) and none of these release contain the original mix. They just look pretty typical of home video mixes; less dynamic, toned-down LFE, etc.

If there's one thing I've learnt it's never to believe it when a studio says their release contains an "original" mix. Even the 'theatrical' track on Criterion's The Game BD is different in places to the Cinema DTS. The Nolan Batman movies are the only releases I've found so far that truly contain the theatrical DTS track.
If anybody has any of these Cinema DTS tracks please let me know as I'd be happy to sync them to their respective BD/UHD releases.
Thanks given by: dvdmike , BDgeek
Thats interesting, Criterion even warn about the dynamics of the track
Thanks given by:
That one is as dynamic as the Cinema DTS but peppered throughout the track are various sounds and effects that are at different volumes. Don't get me wrong; it's very very close to the theatrical track just not identical in the way that the TDK movies are.
Thanks given by: dvdmike
Criterion gonna Criterion
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 12:45 PM)Turisu Wrote: So far I've compared waveforms from 3 Arrow releases to their theatrical DTS tracks (Twelve Monkeys, Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas, Pitch Black) and none of these release contain the original mix. They just look pretty typical of home video mixes; less dynamic, toned-down LFE, etc.

If there's one thing I've learnt it's never to believe it when a studio says their release contains an "original" mix. Even the 'theatrical' track on Criterion's The Game BD is different in places to the Cinema DTS. The Nolan Batman movies are the only releases I've found so far that truly contain the theatrical DTS track.

WOW, excellnet information!

Regarding the Nolan's, besides TDK and Interstallar, did you compare The Prestige and Inception to the Theatrical tracks?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Released] War Of The Worlds (2005) Cinema DTS to UHD [Patched] Turisu 1 73 10 hours ago
Last Post: dvdmike
  [Released] The Mummy Returns (2001) Cinema DTS Synced to UHD stwd4nder2 1 51 2021-11-26, 04:30 AM
Last Post: borisanddoris
  [Released] South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut (1999) Cinema DTS to BD Turisu 0 45 2021-11-25, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Turisu
  [Released] Iron Man (2008) Cinema DTS to UHD Turisu 7 130 2021-11-23, 04:17 PM
  [Released] V For Vendetta (2005) Cinema DTS to UHD Turisu 1 63 2021-11-22, 04:38 PM
  [Released] The Mummy (1999) Cinema DTS Synced to UHD stwd4nder2 0 74 2021-11-20, 10:56 PM
Last Post: stwd4nder2
  [Released] Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets (2002) Cinema DTS-ES to UHD Turisu 8 215 2021-11-20, 03:43 PM
Last Post: Lio
  [Released] Watchmen (2009) Cinema DTS to UK BD Turisu 0 45 2021-11-19, 07:21 PM
  [Released] The Tree Of Life (2011) Cinema DTS-ES to 20th Century Fox BD Turisu 2 68 2021-11-18, 08:53 PM
  [Released] Harry Potter And The Philosopher's Stone (2001) Cinema DTS-ES to UHD [Patched] Turisu 9 205 2021-11-18, 05:18 PM