Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LaserDiscs needed for replacing BD audio
I'm not sure it's worth buying all of them - I'd imagine this would be the one you want:

https://www.lddb.com/laserdisc/21656/LV-...father-The
Thanks given by:
(2020-05-27, 11:38 PM)alexpeden2000 Wrote: I'm not sure it's worth buying all of them - I'd imagine this would be the one you want:

https://www.lddb.com/laserdisc/21656/LV-...father-The

That is super likely but I'm willing to throw $2 or $3 at an analog-only pressing just in case.
Thanks given by:
The 1.33 reissues of 1-2 have pcm mono. They sound okay but I need to recheck them. I also have a beat up version of the box that has 1-3+ the docu.
Damn Fool Idealistic Crusader
Thanks given by:
i'd like to get manhunter LD audio . the 5.1 is on the mgm crap and mixed at around -10db
I have to turn it up to max volume just to make it sound somewhat decent
Thanks given by:
it's not one of my fav movies would like to know if the laserdisc of THE CRUSH (1993) doesn't have the phasing issue found on the DVD / Blurays
Thanks given by:
(2020-06-05, 10:39 PM)springfeel Wrote: it's not one of my fav movies would like to know if the laserdisc of THE CRUSH (1993) doesn't have the phasing issue found on the DVD / Blurays
Also, the Laserdisc version Of The Crush has this "The film's theatrical release in 1993 contained Alicia Silverstone's original character name Darian. Movie trailers, VHS and laserdisc versions also kept the name Darian. DVD and cable television versions were later dubbed and credited as Adrian. In the past, early cable television aired the name Darian." 
Thanks given by:
tightrope 1984 , clint eastwood
on imdb its listed as dolby but it doesn’t say on the end credits or posters and VHS / LD releases are mono aside from dvd/blurays which are 5.1
Knowing Clint Eastwood DVDs it probably has new sfx
Thanks given by:
(2019-09-27, 07:02 PM)PDB Wrote: Long shot here...does anyone have the Japanese LD of Fight Club and can cap the PCM? I know that's a rare one.

Finally found it for an OK-ish price (equivalent of about $110 USD). Will see if the seller actually sends it, but if so then can capture both the PCM and AC3.
Thanks given by: DoomBot , BDgeek
(2016-03-24, 01:13 AM)DoomBot Wrote: Thought an on going list was needed for LDs, you can say either you own it, have it captured, or it should be acquired for preservation.
If you have it captured, specify whether it's analog, or digital and bit perfect.  IN RED MEANS WE HAVE IT

Wanted for preservation.....

Creepshow
Easy Rider
Enter The Dragon ... US and Japanese versions
Hard Target ... Japanese Disc (PILF-1913)
Night of the Creeps ... Japanese Disc (SF078-1490)
Platoon Special Edition ... (THX certified Special Edition w/book)
Pulp Fiction
Two Evil Eyes ... Japanese Disc (NALA-10069)

--------------------------------------------------------

Someone I know through a friend at work is selling off a lot of discs, he has the above from the list but prices vary wildly. I'm in the UK but all discs listed are the US or Japanese versions ... I stopped collecting discs YEARS ago so I don't know if they have residual value ... his prices range from £15 to £50 (rough $18-$62). 

If I can help just let me know ... god I wish I'd kept my discs and VHS collection, I'd have so much sitting around here but life went wrong and I had to say goodbye to it all.
Thanks given by:
Don't suppose anyone has Young Sherlock Holmes on LD and can capture the audio?
Thanks given by:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  bronan's Audio Projects bronan 117 25,377 2020-04-30, 08:47 PM
Last Post: marin888
  Disney animated film LaserDisc audio collection DoomBot 20 14,078 2016-03-24, 02:22 AM
Last Post: FrankT